Prevention of Food Borne Diseases
Ozone has been protecting public health in drinking water and wastewater treatment for more than 100 years and has proven to be a safe and effective antimicrobial, sanitizer and disinfectant in numerous commercial and industrial applications.
In 2001, the FDA approved the use of ozone treatment on food products because of the advancements in ozone generator technology and growing concerns over the safety of chemical disinfectants. Biotek has developed advanced ozone technology to specifically meet the needs of today’s food preparation and disinfection.
Recent incidents such as E. Coli and Salmonella outbreaks in the US and Canada have led to massive losses in the affected industries. Biotek’s ozonated water does not only eliminate all viruses, bacteria and other microorganisms, but also eliminates odors (eg. seafood display) and decomposes pesticides and chemicals without affecting the taste of food.
Biotek Ozonated water can help prevent food borne diseases by:
• Rinsing vegetables, fruit, fish / shellfish and seafood helps you prepare safe and aseptic food and meals.
• Cleaning tableware, chopping boards, wipers with Biotek ozonated water to improve kitchen sanitation.
• Sterilizing hands and skins to prevent bacterial cross contamination.
• Preventing chemical disinfectants residues and by-products which are harmful to intake.
• Removing of toxic pesticides, antibiotics or fertilizers on agricultural food
Preventing microorganisms from building up tolerance to chlorine based disinfectants.